Group Insurance Solutions
-> Legal / Privacy -> General Consent to Electronic Delivery of Documents
General Consent to Electronic Delivery of Documents Terms and ConditionsThese Terms and Conditions apply to the electronic delivery of documents to you relating to your insurance policy (ies) through the Company. Please print and save a copy of this consent for your records.
2. Consent and When It Takes EffectYou consent to the electronic delivery of the following documents and other information ("documents"):
ii. communications about your policy(ies) including changes and confirmations;
iii. changes related to your account and online access; and
iv. any other confirmation, notice or information that we are required by law to provide you in writing relating to your policy.
Some documents may not be eligible for electronic delivery, and will be sent via Canada Post mail. This consent shall take effect immediately upon your agreement. Processing of your consent may be delayed, however. You will receive notification once we complete your request to convert to electronic delivery.
3. Verbal ConsentIf you verbally consent to be sent documents electronically, we will confirm your consent by providing you these Terms and Conditions through electronic or paper delivery. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you must immediately revoke your consent as provided under "Revoking Consent" (see Section 8 below).
4. Electronic Delivery of Documents
When we deliver a document electronically, we will do so by making it available to you through the Portal or sent by e-mail (if available).
Portal: We will notify you by non-secure notification that documents are available in the Portal. Portals with a message board will also include notification to notify you that the document is available in your Document Depository.
E-mail: Opting to receive policy documents via e-mail has security and privacy risks. Email security and privacy cannot be guaranteed and e-mails can be intercepted without your permission. By accepting this option, you are acknowledging and agreeing to these and other risks of receiving information by e-mail.
5. Your Obligations to View DocumentsYou agree to access the Portal within 30 days of receiving notification that documents have been posted. You confirm that you have the necessary technical ability and resources to do this. You acknowledge that technical and security requirements for access to the Portal may change from time to time. If you are unable to access the Portal to meet your obligations under this section for any reason, you should revoke your consent as provided under "Revoking Consent" (see section 8 below). The Company is not responsible for any damages due to your failure or inability to access the Portal for any reason.
6. When Documents are Considered DeliveredThe Company considers a document delivered to you:
7. Providing Documents by PaperWe reserve the right to provide you with documents by paper delivery if we are unable to provide electronic delivery, have reason to believe you may not have received the document, or otherwise consider it appropriate. Any paper delivery will be provided to you at the most current mailing address that we have on file for your policy. The Company is not obligated to provide such paper copies except where this consent has been revoked or where required by law.
8. Revoking ConsentYou may revoke your consent to have documents delivered to you electronically at any time by calling during operating hours at our number found on the Contact Us link of this website, or by notifying us in writing at the address found on the Contact Us link of this website. We will confirm that we have received your revocation and specify when it takes effect in writing through electronic or paper delivery.
9. MessagesThe message board (if available) permits you to obtain automated messages. Messages will be sent either securely within the message board (a "secure message") or by regular email (a "non-secure message"). We may include specific, confidential personal information in both secure messages and non-secure messages.
10. Non-Secure MessagesDue to their nature, non-secure messages may be lost, intercepted, reviewed or altered by others. Non-secure messages may contain limited confidential personal information.
11. Email Address for Non-Secure MessagesNon-secure messages will be sent to the email address you provide as your primary email address. You can change your email by contacting us. Please remember to notify us of changes to your email address immediately, so we may continue to provide you with this service.
12. Document RetentionYou will be able to print and/or save any document made available through the Portal or sent via email, as applicable. You are responsible for retaining a copy of all documents for your records. The length of time the documents are available in the Portal is clearly explained in the Portal. You also have the ability to contact the Company for a copy of historic documents no longer on the Portal.
13. Changing These Terms and ConditionsWe may change these Terms and Conditions at any time by providing you with notice of the change through electronic or paper delivery. If you do not agree to a change, you must immediately revoke your consent as provided under "Revoking Consent" (see section 8 above).
14. Limitation of LiabilityYou agree that your messages/notifications may be delayed, not delivered or inaccurate due to a variety of factors, including technical problems. Subject to the governing law of your jurisdiction, we will not be liable for any direct or indirect damages arising out of your use or inability to use the messages/notifications, regardless of the cause, including negligence, even if we are advised of the possibility of such damages. For non-secure messages, you accept the risk that the alert messages may be lost, intercepted, reviewed or altered by others.
15. Other AgreementsThese Terms and Conditions apply in addition to any other agreements between you and us that are necessary for the maintenance of your policy with us, or any other product or service offered by us. Additionally, this agreement shall apply to any documents, notices, receipts, statements or other items required of us to deliver to you by law.