: : Forgot Password
Insurance FAQ
  • I’ve leased equipment and have been asked to provide confirmation of insurance, what do I do?
    Fax or email the request from the vendor to your service representative or to Western Group Insurance Solutions general mailbox: ccsc@westernfgis.ca or fax to: 1-888-990-4301.
  • I’m opening up a new location, what information do you need?
    Our service team is always happy to help and provide advice, if you are planning to open a new business or expand your existing business please contact your service representative. Every business is unique, by providing your Service Rep information about your business in advance of opening; it will enable them to work with you to design a policy to meet the unique insurance exposures of your business.
  • What is a Co-Insurance Clause?
    Co-insurance is a clause in an insurance policy that requires the insured to carry a certain percentage of insurance in relation to the actual value or replacement cost of the property insured. See here for more info
  • My policy has a blanket limit of coverage, what does this mean?
    A single limit of insurance that applies over more than one type of coverage limit. The blanket of coverage typically applies to building, equipment and stock coverage. If the policy is comprehensive, then the blanket limit will also include business interruption (where applicable).
  • Why do I need to complete a policy review?
    Your insurance policy is designed to indemnify you in the event of a loss. Changes to your business, regulations and general economic factors lead to changes in the insurance requirements of your business. It is important to review your coverage regularly to ensure your coverage continues to meet the insurance exposures of your business.
  • What is Equipment Breakdown Insurance (EBI)?
    Coverage for loss due to non-routine mechanical or electrical breakdown of nearly any type of equipment, including photocopiers and computers. Coverage applies to the cost to repair or replace the equipment and any other property damaged by the equipment breakdown. Resulting business income and extra expense loss is often covered as well. Equipment breakdown insurance is increasingly replacing traditional boiler and machinery (BM) insurance, in part simply because the title is more descriptive of the coverage provided.
  • How do I make a claim?
    You can make a claim by following the instructions provided here.
  • Can I track the progress of my claim?
    You can track the progress of your claim by following this link and going to the claims tab.

Group Insurance Solutions


Canadian Veterinary Medical Association